Private Yangon City Tour with Transfer
- Meeting Time: 9:00 AM
- Meeting Place: At your hotel
- Duration: Full Day (end after sunset)
- Highlight: Sule Pagoda – Maha Bandula Park – Town Hall and Colonial Buildings at downtown – Botatung Pagoda – Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda – Bogyoke Aung San Market – Shwedagon Pagoda
Yangon Tour Itinerary:
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel at 9:00 AM. We will start the Yangon Sightseeing Day Tour visiting the Sule Pagoda, which is over 2500 years old. It is a very important religious center as it is said that it enshrines a hair of Buddha that the Lord gave himself before its construction.
Then, we will walk in the Maha Bandula Park which was named after the General Maha-Bandula fought against the British in the 1st Anglo-Burmese War. In the center you will see the obelisk in commemoration of the independence. In the same area is also the town hall. As we will be exploring the heart of the downtown, you will also be able to observe the bustling life of the local people.
Then we will go around Colonial Buildings where you will also be able to get in touch with locals.
Next, we will go near the river to visit the Botatuang Pagoda. This pagoda was first built by the Mon around 2500 years ago and was rebuilt after its destruction during the World War II. Then we will visit the Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda which is famous for its 66 meters long Reclining Buddha image.
After this, it will be time to enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant. Our guide will suggest some of the best places to eat according to your wishes.
Then will continue to Bogyoke Aung San Market, a big bazaar famous for its architecture. There you can see a wide range of local shops and buy many souvenirs like handicraft, jewellery. (The market is close on monday).
We save the best part of this Yangon City Tour for last, we will in the end go to ShweDagon Pagoda, major pilgrimage site for local people, one of the best places in Yangon to enjoy the sunset. Time for us to say goodbye and we will transfer you back to your hotel around 7:00 PM.
What is Included
- Transfers and sightseeing by private air-con vehicle with driver as mentioned in program
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Drinking Water Bottle and Snow Towel
- Entrance fees
- Government tax and service charges
What is NOT Included
- Hotels and Accommodations
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- Travel Insurance
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Festival Surcharges
- Any other items not mentioned
- Bogyoke Aung San market closes on Monday.
- Shwedagon pagoda undergoes renovation for its golden sphere starting from October 2018 to March 2019. So the main stupa will be covered in scaffolds during this period.
“We are flexible in sightseeing for all destinations. To know more, please read our cancellation policy.”